This is a simple recipe for mini gluten free tiramisu, and it is truly luscious (I say this having not tasted tiramisu for the best part of 20 years!). Adapted from Mary Berry's Tiramisu Piccoli recipe Mary Berry's mini tiramisù recipe – BBC Food
- 250 g full fat mascarpone cheese
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp icing sugar sifted
- 125 ml strong coffee cooled
- 6 tbsp brandy ensure gluten free
- 12 gluten free ladyfingers
- 50 g grated chocolate ensure gluten free
- Measure the mascarpone and 50ml of the double cream into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the remaining cream and whisk again until soft peaks form (take care not to over-mix or it will be too thick).
- Sieve in the icing sugar and add the vanilla extract. Fold in gently.
- Combine the coffee and brandy in a separate bowl.
- Break six of the gluten free ladyfingers in half and dip into the coffee and brandy mixture. Arrange the soaked sponge fingers in the base of the tumblers. Spoon half of the cream mixture on top and half of the grated chocolate.
- Break the remaining ladyfingers and soak in the coffee and brandy. Place on top of the cream layer, then spoon the remaining cream mixture on top neatly.
- Chill for a few hours until set. Then sprinkle with the remaining chocolate before serving at room temperature.
If you fancy making your own gluten free ladyfingers, follow the link to see the recipe I use Gluten Free Ladyfingers – Gluten Free Mummy I omitted the brandy as I’m expecting at the moment, and I used an additional 6 tbsp cooled strong coffee instead. The tiramisu still tasted incredible, albeit non-alcoholic!