This veggie-packed gluten free spaghetti bolognese is probably the most used dinner recipe in my repertoire. It's a delicious and nutritious family meal, and a great way of sneaking some hidden veggies into the diets of picky eaters.
- 800 g lean minced beef
- 3 bell peppers diced (any colour)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 8-10 mushrooms diced
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 gluten free beef stock pot
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 680 g tomato passata
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- gluten free spaghetti cooked al dente
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs parsley/basil
- grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Heat a large pan to a low/medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add the diced onion and garlic to the pan and sauté gently for 5 minutes, to soften.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms. Sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium/high and add the mince. Cook for 3-4 minutes to brown.
- Once the mince has browned, add the beef stock pot, tomato passata and tomato purée.
- Bring to the boil. Once boiling add the grated carrot, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes, until the tomato sauce has reduced to a desirable consistency and the mince is fully cooked.
- Serve on a bed of gluten free pasta topped with chopped fresh herbs, cracked black pepper and grated parmesan.