Raspberry and Vanilla Muffins
These gluten free raspberry and vanilla muffins are light and fluffy with juicy fresh berries dispersed throughout. A lovely little afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of tea. Adapted from a Liz Hinds – Cake Baker – recipe.
- 300 g gluten free plain flour sieved
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder sieved
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda ensure gluten free
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 240 ml natural yoghurt
- 55 g butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 110 g vanilla sugar
- 225g berries fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sieve together the gluten free flour, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the sugar and re-sieve the flour mixture on top.
- Fold in the flour and sugar.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until well-risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.