The Home Economics Bit
Did you know?
Vermicelli rice noodles are a thin form of rice noodles that are round in shape. They are commonly used in Asian dishes. Other types of rice noodles can be thin or wide, round or flat but vermicelli rice noodles and long, thin and round.
Gluten Free Singapore Style Noodles
- 100 vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tsp gluten free curry powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 egg lightly whisked with a fork
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (to garnish, optional)
- 1 scallion finely chopped (to garnish, optional)
- Cook the vermicelli rice noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of boiling water to the gluten free curry powder and the caster sugar (in a measuring jug) and mix until smooth. Then add the sesame oil and the gluten free soy sauce. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Once hot, add the sliced carrot, onion and peppers. Toss for 2 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken breasts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Moving the chicken and vegetables towards the sides of the wok, clear a space in the centre.
- Pour in the egg and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until scrambled.
- Mix the scrambled egg through the chicken and vegetables and pour over the sauce. Cook for 1 minute until the sauce is hot.
- Now add the cooked vermicelli rice noodles to the wok. Toss for 1 minute until hot and evenly incorporated.
- Serve garnished with chopped red chilli or scallion (optional).