A cheesecake is one of the easiest and most versatile desserts you can make. It’s a great option to make a day in advance, and all it takes is some gluten free biscuits to ensure that this dessert is suitable for all of the family; gluten eaters and non-gluten eaters alike.
The Home Economics Bit
Did you know?
The technique of folding in is very important in baking. Simply put, it means gently adding a light and airy mixture to a thicker, heavier mixture. To ensure air is not lost from the aerated mixture, folding is done slowly and using a certain technique where the bottom of the bowl is scraped gently (generally using a spatula) to combine the two mixture.
Gluten Free Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 400 g cream cheese ensure gluten free
- 60 g caster sugar
- 300 g white chocolate melted, ensure gluten free
- 300 ml double cream whipped
- 200 g fresh raspberries rinsed
- 200 g gluten free Hobnobs or other plain gluten free biscuits
- 50 g butter melted
- Grease a 20cm round springform tin with butter and set aside.
- Place the biscuits into a zip lock plastic bag. Seal the bag and use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Gently melt the butter and then stir through the crushed biscuits. Press the biscuit mixture into the base of the prepared springform tin, then transfer to the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set whilst you make the filling.
- Gently melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and the caster sugar until smooth.
- Whisking slowly, pour the cooled melted white chocolate into the beaten ingredients until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold though the fresh raspberries until evenly distributed.
- Using a spatula, scrape the cheesecake filling out of the mixing bowl and on to the biscuit base. Smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
- Allow to set in the fridge for up to 6 hours, or ideally overnight.