The Home Economics Bit
Did you know?
Peanut butter is an excellent source of energy as it is high in plant-based protein and unsaturated fat. In small amounts, it is a very nutritious spread that can be incorporated as part of a healthy balanced diet. However, it’s important to choose wisely since lots of brands of peanut butter on the market have added salt, sugar and other additives. Check the label before you purchase to make sure that the peanut butter that you buy is made from 100% peanuts, to reap the nutritional benefits. (Note: Even though these brownies contain peanut butter they are also very high in sugar and saturated fat so, unfortunately, they aren’t exactly healthy…they are yummy though!)
Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies
- 250 g good quality milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 250 g butter cubed
- 180 g caster sugar
- 20 g light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 175 g gluten free self raising flour sifted
- 150 g peanut butter heated gently to soften
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 170°C and line an 8 inch brownie tin with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Once melted, whisk in the sugars. Note: At this stage, the mixture will look grainy and unappealing but once the eggs are added it will emulsify (come together).
- Once the sugar has been incorporated whisk in the beaten eggs, a little at a time.
- Fold in the sifted flour, then pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin.
- Drop spoonfuls of the softened peanut butter on top of the brownie mixture, and gently use a skewer to create a peanut butter swirl.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until just firm and crisp on top, but still slightly gooey inside. Remove from oven and leave to cool fully in the tin.
- Once cooled, gently lift out the brownies in the parchment paper and set down onto your worksurface. Cut into 8 large brownies or 12 smaller brownies.
Tried these out- amazing!
Thanks Niamh 🙏🏻
Thanks for letting me try! So tasty