Naturally gluten free and an excellent source of protein and healthy fats; this honey soy salmon is sure to become a firm family favourite.
The Home Economics Bit
Salmon is a versatile, readily available and quick to cook source of HBV protein. Its most significant nutritional contribution to the diet is that is an excellent source of polyunsaturated fatty acids which are closely linked to heart health, including omega 3 fatty acids which also support brain function.
Gluten Free Honey and Soy Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 40 ml gluten free soy sauce low sodium if possible
- 60 ml honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- Prepare the marinade by combing the gluten free soy sauce, honey, cayenne pepper, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the salmon fillets to the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan to medium high heat. Once hot, add the salmon fillets (skin side down). Cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness) then flip.
- Cook the other side of the salmon fillets for a further 2-3 minutes, until *cooked through. (*see recipe notes)