Chicken and Potato Pie
This creamy and comforting gluten free chicken and potato pie is sure to be a hit with all the family. Adapted from an Annabel Karmel recipe Chicken & Potato Pie for Toddlers & Kids | Annabel Karmel
- 500 g potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp plain gluten free flour
- 25 g butter
- 100 ml milk
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated
- 15 g parmesan cheese grated
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1-2 shallots finely chopped
- 300 ml gluten free chicken stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 300 g cooked chicken shredded
- 75 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / 400F / Gas Mark 6.
- Put the potatoes in cold salted water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with butter, milk and the grated cheeses.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the leek and shallot gently for 8 to 10 minutes until soft but not coloured. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute, then stir in the stock a little at a time, to make a smooth sauce (you may find it easier to do this off the heat).
- Stir in the cream, then cook, stirring until the sauce just comes to the boil. Stir in the chicken, peas and parsley, then remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Spoon into a one and a half litre ovenproof dish and top with mash. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, and then finish off for a few minutes under the grill until golden brown (It’s a good idea to place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips).
- Serve and enjoy!
Yum – loved this recipe