Marshmallow Puffed Rice Squares
Gluten free marshmallow puffed rice squares, made in only 10 minutes using only 4 ingredients. A winning recipe that children will love to make and devour!
- 200 g marshmallows ensure gluten free
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g gluten free puffed rice cereal I used Nestle Go Free Rice Pops
- Line a 9 x 13 inch tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Once melted add the vanilla extract and the marshmallows.
- Stirring over a low heat, melt the marshmallows into the butter. The mixture will burn quickly if it becomes too hot, so stick to a gentle heat and stir constantly.
- When the marshmallows have melted and the mixture is smooth, stir in the puffed rice cereal until all it's evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and, using a sheet of greaseproof paper, press the mixture down into the tin until it is flattened evenly.
- Leave to set for 1 – 2 hours at room temperature.
- Once set, cut into squares, serve and enjoy.