Gluten Free Singapore Style Noodles
This is my gluten free take on Singapore noodles. I've added extra vegetables and omitted chilli, so this is a healthier and milder version of a popular Asian noodle dish.
- 100 vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tsp gluten free curry powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 egg lightly whisked with a fork
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (to garnish, optional)
- 1 scallion finely chopped (to garnish, optional)
- Cook the vermicelli rice noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of boiling water to the gluten free curry powder and the caster sugar (in a measuring jug) and mix until smooth. Then add the sesame oil and the gluten free soy sauce. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Once hot, add the sliced carrot, onion and peppers. Toss for 2 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken breasts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Moving the chicken and vegetables towards the sides of the wok, clear a space in the centre.
- Pour in the egg and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until scrambled.
- Mix the scrambled egg through the chicken and vegetables and pour over the sauce. Cook for 1 minute until the sauce is hot.
- Now add the cooked vermicelli rice noodles to the wok. Toss for 1 minute until hot and evenly incorporated.
- Serve garnished with chopped red chilli or scallion (optional).