The Home Economics Bit
Did you know?
You can greatly increase the shelf life of apples by storing them in the fruit and vegetable drawer of your fridge. Apples will typically last for one to two weeks if stored on a countertop, but can stay fresh for 6+ weeks if they are stored in a fridge.
Gluten Free Apple Muffins
High in fibre but still delectably soft and moist, these gluten free apple muffins are ideal as a grab and go breakfast option or a filling lunchbox treat.
- 115 g butter at room temperature
- 115 g soft light brown sugar
- 85 g honey
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g gluten free brown flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp bread soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 120 ml buttermilk
- 4 eating apples
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream together the butter, honey and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
- Sift and fold in the dry ingredients.
- Peel. core and grate the apples. Fold in.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 25-30 mins.