These crunchy gluten free ginger biscuits aren't too sweet and will make the perfect accompaniment to your mid-morning tea/coffee. Adapted from a Liberty Mendez recipe I found on BBC goodfood Ginger biscuits recipe | BBC Good Food
- 100 g salted butter cubed
- 75 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 100 g golden syrup
- 250 g gluten free self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda ensure gluten free
- 1 small egg yolk beaten
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter, sugar, fresh ginger and golden syrup and leave to cool.
- Sieve the gluten free flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir in the cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk and knead briefly to make a dough.
- Roll the dough into 20g balls and put on the prepared baking trays with 3cm between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the trays for a min, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.