This gluten free chocolate hobnob recipe requires only a handful of store cupboard ingredients. They're quick to make and the perfect bake for beginners. Adapted from a BBC goodfood member recipe – Shazzabella Cee – Homemade hobnobs | BBC Good Food
- 75 g butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
- 75 g gluten free wholemeal flour I use Odlums Gluten Free Tritamyl Brown Bread Mix
- 150 g gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda ensure gluten free
- 200 g milk chocolate melted, ensure gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup and mix well.
- Combine the gluten free flour, oats and bicarbonate of soda in a separate bowl. Add to the wet mixture a bit at a time, ensuring you mix well to incorporate all the ingredients together. It should be crumbly at this stage.
- Place a 6.5cm cookie cutter onto one of the baking sheets. Using a desert spoon, place a spoonful of the mixture into the cookie cutter and compress down as much as you can. Repeat until mixture is all used up.
- Bake in the oven for10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Once cool, dip one side of each biscuit into the melted milk chocolate. Set aside until the chocolate has set.