Chocolate Chip Cookies
As with all Becky Excell's recipes, these gluten free cookies are simple to make and taste delicious.
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 120 g hard butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda ensure gluten free
- 160 g chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together the light brown sugar and caster sugar with the melted hard butter. Mix until it all comes together and is fully combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the bowl and continue to mix (with a wooden spoon) until combined once more.
- Into a separate bowl, sieve the gluten free flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and briefly mix.
- Add the flour mix to the original bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the mixing bowl with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes (you can make the cookie dough ahead of time also and keep it in the fridge until you need it).
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll into balls (about the size of a golf ball). Place them on the lined trays. The cookies will spread a little so leave some gaps between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden in colour. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.