20 Minute Butter Chicken
If you're short on time but fancy a curry, this is the recipe you need! This gluten free butter chicken is ready in a jiffy, and it's a firm family favourite in our house.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-3 skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Fenugreek powder/seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat a large skillet or medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, butter, and onions and cook onions down until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the chicken, tomato paste, and spices. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with pilau rice or gluten free naan bread.